Skip to main content

American Clay Professional Catagory Contest Winner!

My love of American Clay came as I was flipping through a design magazine and ran across this picture of American Clay. 


I was sold instantly.  I wanted my whole life to look like that picture!  OK well at least some rooms in my home.  I showed a friend and she said, “Well let's go to Albuquerque and learn how to do it!”  Easy enough – right?  So off we went and I’ve never looked back.  If your walls were bread, American Clay is the butter, maybe even the butter and the jam.  What I’m saying is American Clay is a MUST! 

I just entered my first Professional American Clay makeover contest and am happy to announce my room won the grand prize. Follow this link to read the full article.

Here is a summary:

I entered three of the homes I did this past year.


Below are the BEFORE and AFTER pictures.


Ledeboer's had me do their  kitchen and dining room


                                                                                 


Loma 2 coat skip troweled in Savannah Moss, aged edges.



McKee's had me do a wall in their Living Room:




Loma 2 coats skip troweled in Acacia.  Aged with multiple earth pigments.



Jan had me do her guest room with an antler fresco:










                                                                             









Porcelina in Nantucket/Acacia mix.  Fresco with the earth pigments.

Actually Jan had me do her entire 5000 sq foot home in American Clay.  It was stunning!!

The winner was chosen by a group of well known professionals in the community. 

The McKee's living room wall was the winner and the antler's received an honorable mention as 3rd place.   I was awarded $1,000 towards American Clay product.  Since we are building a house soon I will enter one of my rooms for next year's contest.  You can be sure that as many walls as I can afford will have American Clay on them.  I can't wait! 


You can always learn more about the clay on this website.  My creative mind doesn’t usually get all technical – it will just tell you how pretty something looks.  (Although the informational/technical side of this stuff is quite amazing too –natural, environmentally friendly, non-toxic, no VOC’s and made in the USA....the list goes on and on.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plastering American Clay That Looks Like Concrete for Fireplace Surrounds

Hello Design Friends, Today I have a very exciting post.  Most of you know my absolute love for American Clay and lately, I've been specializing in plastering clay fireplace surrounds.  Most of my clients have asked for an industrial hand troweled concrete/cement look but I can produce any artistic style you've envisioned..  My favorite part about the clay is that it's REAL and NATURAL.  This is not a faux paint product or something synthetic trying to mimic a natural product. Concrete has clay in it.....so in part, I feel like you can't use a better product to produce a look similar to a cement or concrete fireplace surround.   What I have found from most of my clients who are looking for a concrete fireplace surround is they aren't excited about astronomical  bid they get! What they get from me is a work of art (hand troweled and artistic) for a fraction of the cost. Over the next few weeks I am going to showcase the MANY fireplace surrounds

Concrete Trend for Fireplace Surrounds

  What makes my job exciting is turning the focal point of a room into a work of art! This last house asked for an artistic clay finish on their new fireplace surround.   I used Iroquois American Clay and washed the top with a dark pigment to achieve the aged concrete look.  Since clay IS an ingredient in actual cement it feels amazing and makes such a statement. There are so many artistic directions you can take the clay.  It can be modern OR old world style, it just depends on my technique and the color choices a client chooses.   The up close picture below is when the clay is wet - I love showing the DEPTH of the product and all the artistic divots and character each fireplace has. The fireplace is starting to lighten up as it's drying . I don't always receive a final, fully decorated AFTER picture but I did with these clients.   Blueplank Builders in Coeur d'Alene was the builder of this beautiful  home.     Give me a call to bid your own fireplace!  It's such a un

Review for The Clay Trowel - Rustic Kitchen in Enjarre American Clay

Hello Friends! I just finished a LOVELY home project way out in the Coeur d'Alene forest :-) My team applied a very rustic, one coat Enjarre finish to their kitchen.  I always feel honored to turn a client's home into a work of art.  I appreciated her "glowing" review. BEFORE AFTER Their little girls room was done up in clay also.   My client even made that fairy art piece out of the clay! She was inspired by this piece I did. Best of Houzz 2017 - Client Satisfaction ~ Selina